ExtraFood is hiring a part-time Administrative Assistant!
Founded in 2013, ExtraFood.org’s mission is to help end hunger and food waste in Marin County, California. Our first step is our county-wide food recovery program: we pick up donations of excess fresh food from Marin businesses/organizations and immediately deliver the food to nonprofit recipient organizations that serve Marin’s most vulnerable children, adults, and families. In 3.5 years we have delivered 1,000,000+ pounds of food from 160+ donors to 87 sites throughout Marin. We reach 5,000+ people every month with deliveries of healthy, fresh food.
This entry-level position provides administrative support to ExtraFood’s staff: generating and sending reports and correspondence; data entry and management; ordering supplies; supporting occasional events; and performing other office-related tasks that are typical in a start-up environment. Reporting to the Executive Director, this is a non-exempt, 15-hour-per-week position based in our Kentfield office. 10 of the 15 hours are on Thursdays and Fridays, with the schedule for the remaining hours negotiable. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, personable, excellent at multi-tasking, highly fluent with technology, and engaged with our mission.
1. Generate quarterly reports by extracting data from ExtraFood’s Salesforce database, gathering input from staff, and editing an Adobe InDesign template.
2. Enter data on ExtraFood’s deliveries, new volunteers, food donors, and recipients into ExtraFood’s database, iCloud Contacts, and website.
3. Assist Operations staff with preparing weekly delivery schedule and volunteer newsletter.
4. Name and file incoming photos in online photo library.
5. Generate and send fundraising materials and correspondence as needed.
6. Monitor supply levels and order supplies for office and volunteers as needed.
7. Support occasional events as needed.
Required skills/experience include:
- 2 years administrative support experience or equivalent, with reference(s)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a staff team
- Fluent with a variety of Mac software products including Word, Excel, Web browsers, and email programs
- Bachelor’s degree
The following skills/experience are a plus:
- Adobe InDesign, Illustrator or equivalent experience
- Salesforce or other database experience
- Mail merge experience
Send resumé and cover letter to:
Marv Zauderer, Executive Director, Marv@ExtraFood.org